After much research in our Sax ProShop, we have developed a fast and safe method for filing tone holes which produces superior results. This set of tools is absolutely essential for any technician looking to do fast, quality work on saxophone tone holes. If you are already using rotary files, you are on the right track. If you are still grinding away on each tone hole by hand, this complete set of tools is going to save you a lot of time. The process of drill filing produces a smoother tone hole with less surface scratching than the hand method. This tone hole leveling method is the fastest and most accurate method of leveling tone holes available anywhere.
The complete tone hole set includes everything you need to start leveling tone holes by hand or with a drill.
The Complete Tone Hole Set now includes:
- Complete set of 6 medium grit files for altos and tenors.
- The large 2 1/2" medium grit baritone sax file.
- 28 pilot set. 21 plus 7 additional Jim Schmidt Pilots
- UltiMax Lubricant, for oiling the files while cutting.
- Wrench driver with handle for hand filing.
- 9" drill driver extension for the bottom stack and bell keys.
- 3" drill driver extension for palm keys, side keys, and top stack.
- 7 mounting screws to save time- one for each file