The body, bell, bow, and #1 neck are 98% copper, 2% phosphorus; pads are Saxgourmet kangaroo leather by MusicMedic. Resonators oversized solid copper Maestro air tight resonators by MusicMedic.
- Keywork extends to G3
- Our “never stick” G# simply eliminates the problem
- All needle springs are blued steel, flat springs are phosphor bronze
The upper stack speaker key gives much improved intonation to C3 - G3 and requires no additional springs or mechanism
- Double arms on low C, low B, low Bb prevent leaks
- The left hand thumb button is metal and domed
Then two necks are dimensionally identical but made from different metals: #1 is copper; #2 is gold brass and somewhat brighter in sound
The 3 ring strap hook accommodates players of different physical size for greater comfort
The key touches are abalone, and the extensive engraving is all hand cut……no horn has more engraving
The tenon interior is threaded, stabilizing the lower notes by creating a boundary layer at critical nodal points
The right hand thumb rest is simply the most comfortable in the world
- The lower stack has a screw adjustable F# “helper"
The upper and lower stack keys are screw adjustable