The Theo Wanne Digital Tip Gauge is the ultimate mouthpiece measuring device. It is incredibly easy to use and measures the tip opening (distance between the reed and the tip rail of the mouthpiece) for all woodwind mouthpieces.
The gauge body is made from gold anodized solid billet aluminum milled flat for accuracy.
Using the Digital Tip Gauge:
1. Turn on the gauge by pressing the On/Off button.
2. Place the gauge on a flat surface (The MusicMedic.com glass work plate is recommended) such that the Theo Wanne Classic Mouthpiece Logo is face up.
3. Hit the Reset button to zero the gauge readout.
4. You can now measure a mouthpiece tip opening.Place the body of the gauge on the mouthpiece table so the digital gauge tip touches the mouthpiece tip rail.
5. Press the in/mm button to switch between inches (thousandths of an inch) and millimeters.