The intermediate model in The Wilmington Bb clarinet line is made from a composite of hard rubber and grenadilla wood with a brushed wood-grain look. The body’s ability to withstand changes in temperature and humidity practically eliminates risk of cracks and is low maintenance. The body of the clarinet is machined on a 4 axis CNC machine for a highly consistent result.
The 902 is free-blowing, with a beautiful tone that is clear and vibrant. The Boehm French style keywork is constructed from solid rigid German nickel-silver and finished with silver plating for a striking look and great feel.
- Premium pressed felt skin pads
- Undercut tone holes for improved intonation and sound
- Locking posts keep the clarinet in excellent alignment
- Stainless steel screws and rods
- Blue steel needle springs for excellent key action
- Adjustable thumb rest with strap ring for optional neck strap
- Adjustment screw for the F/C key
- Adjustable crow’s foot for easy right hand set up
- Cork pad in register key
Every Wilmington clarinet is play tested, adjusted, and set-up at our shop in Wilmington, NC by a professional woodwind technician. The final step is putting our personal stamp of approval- the engraving of The Wilmington logo- on the bell and body.
All Wilmington clarinets come with two barrels. These can also be used to dial in the intonation in very warm and very cold weather. The lightweight nylon case comes with shoulder straps for easy transport. Other accessories include a mouthpiece and ligature, Ultimax key oil, Ultimax cork grease, cleaning cloth, and cleaning swab.